I’m so excited to be sharing one of the dreamiest golden hour maternity sessions in San Diego to the blog today! I’ve been photographing all of Emma + Morgan’s sweet life moments since their engagement – and I can’t wait to share photos with their sweet little daughter soon! For now Scroll through this romantic maternity session with boho outfits and warm vintage vibes in the fields of SoCal.
A couple of tips for your maternity session:
- Shoot at golden hour. That dreamy time of day before the sunsets and the sky is (usually) warm and glowy (on a clear-ish day!) This shoot is a prime example of shooting at magic hour. It depends on the time of year, and the location (the mountains hide the sun sooner than at the beach for example!). Your photograph can recommend the best exact times for the day you’re shooting on!
- Bring multiple outfits. Depending on the maternity photo package you book – if possible bring an outfit change or two (options are good!) Emma chose to bring two different dresses, one in pink for baby girl, and then a dreamy white boho dress from Forever 21! She paired it with the gorgeous bohemian kimono on top but ook some with it off for some variety! Bring your close on hangers, all ironed/steamed and be prepared to change out in the open!
- Wear comfy shoes! No matter the location, mama has GOT to be comfy. We typically shoot around 30-34 weeks and you may be feeling swollen and tired. Comfy shoes will make all the difference! You can even go barefoot!
- Make it a special day. Get a manicure, get your hair and/or makeup done. Go out to dinner afterwards. Talk about your dreams for your family. Don’t make photoshoots a chore (it’s a hard one to get through the the men in our lives I know!)
- Book in time! You can book your maternity photos really whenever you want. The ideal time is between 30-34 weeks, but lean earlier before you start to really become uncomfortable and then also risk delivering early! I once had a client end up giving birth early – the week of her maternity shoot! So I recommend shooting sooner rather than later. Plus keep in mind editing turnaround times if you want your photos BEFORE baby gets here! My San Diego Maternity photos turnaround time is between 2-4 weeks and up to 6 weeks for the full gallery in BUSY wedding season! But I know how important, and time-sensitive photos in this scenrio are and try and get then to ya ASAP!